Blackblot PMTK Product Management Team Charter
A Team Charter describes the parameters (aka boundaries) in which the team operates.
A charter for product management teams aligns new and existing team members with a consistent understanding of product management, clarifies who does what and why, and promotes cohesion among team members.
Blackblot's PMTK Product Management Team Charter is synchronized with the Blackblot PMTK Methodology™ and outlines the product management team's mission, vision, scope, roles (responsibilities, goals, skills, expertise), and values.
Introducing and delivering practical products that customers actually need.
Achieving product success through effective product management practices.
Scope of OperationBlackblot PMTK Methodology™ foundation rules:
- Product management is comprised of product planning and product marketing.
- Product management resides solely in the problem space.
|Product Planner (Strategic Role)||Identify and articulate market requirements||Solve market problems||Intelligence, superb linguistics||Market Expert|
|Product Marketer (Strategic Role)||Generate awareness, differentiation, and demand||Attain Superior Perceived Value||Abstract thinking, psycho-social comprehension||Marketing Expert|
|Sales Engineer (Tactical Role)||Outbound product-centric activities, i.e., pre-sales support and product demos||Customer knowledge of product value and functionality||Rapport building, public addressing||Advocacy Expert|
|MarCom Manager (Tactical Role)||Conception and copywriting of all collateral material||Consistent company image and positioning in the marketplace||Creative, artistic||Media Expert|
|Director of Products (Strategic Role)||Balancing corporate goals with long-term market trends and opportunities||Successful formulation and execution of market and product strategies||Thinker, influencer, leader||Strategy Expert|
- Quality – Providing products that consistently meet or exceed customer expectations.
- Integrity – Maintaining the utmost level of correctness and ethics.
- Flexibility – Focusing on customers' needs and matching the offering.
- Responsiveness – Timely, courteous, and professional conduct.
- Growth – Constant collaboration, critical thinking, improvement, and self-development.