Blackblot Open Scholarship™
Open Scholarship Program
The Blackblot Open Scholarship™ program is an undertaking by Blackblot to share its self-developed domain knowledge and support anyone who is interested in a professional career in technology product management.
This free program is open to and recognizes all product management practitioners including inexperienced entrants. No formal application or payment of any kind is required and eligible candidates who meet all the qualification requirements are automatically considered for the Blackblot Open Scholarship™ award.
Candidates who successfully complete all Blackblot Open Scholarship™ qualification requirements are granted a one-time fifty-percent (50%) discount off the full price to attend an open-registration public Blackblot Strategic Product Manager™ (SPMR) four-day course, or any other desired course within the Blackblot Strategic Product Management™ (SPM) training program, that is delivered directly by Blackblot anywhere in the world and whenever available.
- Candidate has never attended any of the courses that are offered within the Blackblot Strategic Product Management™ (SPM) education program.
- Candidate has never taken any of the tests that are offered within the Blackblot Product Management Professional™ (BPMP) certification program.
- Candidate shall apply the scholarship award and register to the Blackblot training as a private individual and independently pay the discounted tuition from their own pocket, without any company funding.
- Candidate must successfully pass the Blackblot Product Management Professional™ in Blackblot PMTK Methodology certification test via means of self-study:
- View the What is Product Management? video.
- Read the Definition of Product Management Blackblot PMTK Book chapter.
- Practice with the Definition of Product Management Blackblot Content Retention Tool™ (CRT).
- Register and create an account on the Blackblot Test Center.
- Take and pass the free Blackblot Product Management Professional™ in Blackblot PMTK Methodology subspecialty certification test on the Blackblot Test Center. Two attempts to pass are granted.
- Candidate to add a record of passing the Blackblot Product Management Professional™ in Blackblot PMTK Methodology certification test to the Accomplishments>Certification profile section of their LinkedIn profile.
- Candidate to publicly publish a short Q&A style LinkedIn article which succinctly answers the following questions:
- Why is product management a critical function for any company?
- What benefits does a capable product management professional bring to any company?
- What makes a competent product manager?
Note: Candidate to add the text of "Qualification for the Blackblot Open Scholarship™ award." to the bottom of the LinkedIn article.
Eligible candidates who meet all qualification requirements are requested to send a PDF copy of their Blackblot Product Management Professional™ in Blackblot PMTK Methodology certificate and links to their LinkedIn profile and the published article to email@example.com. Confirmation of the earned scholarship award will provided via email within two business days.
Terms and Conditions
- Earned scholarship awards do not expire and will always be honored by Blackblot.
- All eligibility requirements must be actively present when registering and applying the scholarship award to a Blackblot course.
- Blackblot reserves the right to terminate or amend the Blackblot Open Scholarship™ program at all times and without any notice.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.