Blackblot Product Manager's Toolkit® Version 5.2 (Evaluation Package)Download PMTK Ver. 5.2 Evaluation
The PMTK Evaluation Package templates are in non-editable PDF file format. The PMTK Commercial Package templates are in editable Microsoft Word document format and registered users receive free and unlimited updates and upgrades via a lifetime subscription.
PMTK Ver. 5.2 (Lifetime Subscription) - US$99.00
- Blackblot Product Manager's Toolkit® (PMTK) Version 5.2 is a comprehensive, customizable and feature-packed professional template collection for product managers and product marketing managers. Every registered PMTK user is entitled to free and unlimited updates and upgrades via a lifetime subscription. Blackblot Product Manager's Toolkit® is the ultimate tool for product management professionals.
- PMTK License – Blackblot PMTK single-user license agreement.
- PMTK Overview – Overview and description of Blackblot Product Manager's Toolkit® (PMTK).
- PMTK Distribution Guidelines – PMTK templates and PMTK output document distribution rules and rights.
- PMTK Core Models
- PMTK Action Model – Reference framework which governs the sequence of using PMTK templates.
- PMTK Flow Model – Applying the PMTK Action Model in a stage-gate like fashion.
- PMTK Task Model – Synchronizing PMTK templates with Blackblot's concepts of a product management team and a product definition team.
- PMTK Support Models
- PMTK Action-Team Model – Synchronization of PMTK Action Model with Blackblot Product Management Team Model.
- PMTK MVP Pricing Model – Illustration of a practical product pricing process.
- PMTK PRM Model – Illustration of a market requirement's internal structure.
- PMTK Problem Echelon Model – Illustration and mapping of the various problems handled by the industry and the market.
- PMTK Product Tree Model – Illustration of the ways product functionality can be divided or grouped to make a better offering.
- Blackblot Concept Models
- Blackblot Product Management Team Model – Illustration of the responsibilities and makeup of the product management team.
- Blackblot Product Definition Team Model – Illustration of the responsibilities and makeup of the product definition team.
- Blackblot Product Frames Model – Illustration that demonstrates how product functionality is built.
- Blackblot Value-Marketing Model - Illustration that governs the formulation of marketing messages which build Superior Perceived Value.
- Blackblot Marketing Model – Illustration that maps the various marketing activities within the marketing domain.
- PMTK Implementation
- PMTK Implementation Plan – Phased process for introducing and implementing PMTK methodology within a company.
- Blackblot Product Management Models – Overview of Blackblot's product management models.
- Blackblot Corporate Organizational Structure - Illustration of a corporate organizational structure that corresponds to the PMTK methodology.
PMTK Product Planning
- Requirements Management
- PRM Market Requirements – Description of the market opportunity, market problem and the resulting market requirements.
- PRM Product Requirements – High-level description of the functional solution, intended use and the set of features it provides, that addresses the market problem and satisfies needs.
- PMTK Market Requirements – Describing the product and the market into which the product will be introduced. An inclusive approach in which business information, market and product requirements are all bundled together in the same document.
- Use Cases – Ways various users put the product to use and under which scenarios.
- Features Matrix – Managing actual product characteristics.
- Product Roadmap – Plan or vision that describes a product's evolution.
- Pricing Model
- Win/Loss Analysis
- Customer Visit – Planning customer visits with the intent of better understanding their needs.
PMTK Product Marketing
- Business Case
- Competitor Analysis – Analysis of competing companies, partially via their products.
- Product Comparison – Tabular comparison of competing products.
- Corporate Mission – General business direction and company purpose.
- Product Positioning – Basis for clear and focused marketing messages that communicate the product's value proposition to multiple audiences.
- Value Documents
- Sales Axioms – Fundamental concepts the product is built upon.
- Problem/Solution/Feature/Benefit – Outlining a product's ability to address the overall customer problem by merit of its feature scope and capabilities.
- Unique Selling Proposition – Key value differentiator which sets the product apart from other competing products.
- Market Plan – Description of the long-term goals, and messages delivered to the target market, relative to a particular product.
- Marketing Communications
- Company Profile – Overview description of a company.
- Product Backgrounder – Product/service overview information at a glance.
- Collateral Matrix – List of various marketing communications collateral items.
- Press Release Questionnaire – Eliciting targeted information for creating meaningful press releases.
- Sales Support
PMTK Process Efficiency
- Meeting Rules – Rules and general guidelines for conducting productive corporate meetings.
- Management By Objectives – Intelligent form of self-management.
- Decision Making – Driving an effective process of decision making within a project.
- Deliverable Sign-Off – Tool for securing acceptance and commitment to deliverables.
- Generic Templates
- Bundle Book
- Gap Analysis – Procedure for assessing how well product management tasks are being performed.
- Performance Review
PMTK Personnel Management
- PMTK Career Development
- PMTK Team Management
Blackblot PMTK Book
- "The Product Manager's Toolkit: Methodologies, Processes and Tasks in High-Tech Product Management" book provides novice and intermediate product managers with the information and clear definitions that they need to fully understand their role within an organization and then put their knowledge into practice. Springer Science+Business Media, ISBN: 978-3-642-04507-3.
Powered by Blackblot™ Knowledge Base
- The Powered by Blackblot™ Knowledge Base is a dynamic repository of product management core knowledge that is based on the Blackblot Product Manager's Toolkit® (PMTK) methodology and is part of Blackblot's commitment to provide free lifetime professional and career support to all product managers. Browse the different categories, search for specific topics, or send any question regarding any topic in product management.
Blackblot Training Program
- Product Management Training
- Strategic Product Manager™ – Blackblot Strategic Product Manager™ (SPMR) course is a comprehensive four-day program that presents attendees with a practical and interactive learning experience and provides the necessary knowledge, skills and tools to manage advanced products at technology companies. The training program is applicable to product managers and product marketers. All training graduates receive free professional support from Blackblot during their career in product management or product marketing.
- Training Program Tools
- Blackblot Training Needs Evaluator – Questionnaire helping training candidates choose the course or courses that best fit their professional and corporate needs.
- Blackblot Product Management Glossary – Glossary containing the terms commonly used in Blackblot's training programs and material (PDF, BGL).
Blackblot Content Retention Tool™
- Blackblot Content Retention Tool™ – Blackblot Content Retention Tool™ (CRT) promote post-training content retention and help product managers and product marketers to further deepen their knowledge. The Blackblot CRTs challenge individuals with a series of multiple-choice questions which are based on Blackblot PMTK Book chapters.
Blackblot Product Management Professional™ (BPMP) Certification Program
- Blackblot Certification Program – Blackblot Product Management Professional™ (BPMP) certification program was developed exclusively by Blackblot to provide product management professionals with a way to differentiate themselves, validate skills, and gain professional acknowledgement; and enable companies to achieve better consistency in the internal application of the product management discipline.
- Master BPMP - The respected and merited designation of a Master Blackblot Product Management Professional™ (Master BPMP), a top career and professional differentiator, is awarded to individuals who have successfully passed all presently available Blackblot Product Management Professional™ (BPMP) certification program tests.
PMTK Action Model
|Describe market problems and needs||Define solutions to market problems||Build solutions that solve market problems||Sales channels support and product revisions|
|PRM-MRD, PRM-PRD, PMTK-MRD||Features Matrix||Pricing Model, Pricing Model Spreadsheet||Win/Loss Analysis Questionnaire, Win/Loss Analysis Report|
|Use Cases||Product Roadmap||Product Evangelism◊||Customer Visit|
|Examine opportunities to serve the market||Formulate the market approach||Prepare market tactics and MarCom activities||Deliver value and build competitive advantage|
|Business Case||Corporate Mission||Company Profile||Company Presentation|
|Competitor Analysis||Product Positioning||Product Backgrounder||Product Presentation|
|Product Comparison||Sales-Axioms, PSFB, USP||Collateral Matrix||Lead Generation|
|Market Plan||Launch Plan◊||Marketing Review◊|
|Instill flow and structure at work||Bring closure and secure commitment||Present and share work output||Assess and measure performance|
|Meeting Rules||Decision Making||Generic Templates (DOTX, THMX)||Gap Analysis|
|Management By Objectives||Deliverable Sign-Off||Bundle Book, Bundle Book Folder||Performance Review, Performance Review Matrix|
Copyright © Blackblot. All rights reserved.
Use of these documents is subject to the Blackblot PMTK Single-User License Agreement.
Use of these documents is subject to the Blackblot PMTK Single-User License Agreement.